Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm back!

Back to my blog that is! We went through some big changes this year with Kenny graduating from his Basic and Advanced Training. When he arrived at his first official post at Fort Riley in Kansas he realized that we would need to join him soon to keep enjoying the housing benefits. Well, we have been incredibly blessed to rent our house out and get safely moved and settled here in Kansas. I keep meaning to take pictures of the area and now I will have more incentive to do so as I would love to give all of you a taste of Kansas! For now I have some pictures of this past weekend. Friday was Patriot Day and schools all over celebrated in one way or another. Fulton (5th) and Bethany(3rd) participated in a freedom walk around the neighborhood. Meagan and I watched from in front of our house and then joined them as they passed by to go the rest of the way down to the school where they sang some patriotic songs and made a huge american flag out of children holding balloons. It ended when they let them all fly away into the sky. I hope I wasn't the only mom with tears in my eyes as they sang some of those songs. It was very touching to think of how blessed we are to live in one of the few countries in this world who enjoy such great freedoms.
Bethany and her friend Araya at the Freedom Walk.

On Saturday Bethany had her first day of orchestra. She was excited to get first chair! It is easier than the orchestra we were involved with last year but I think it will still be a good experience. Fortunately it is in the same building at Kansas State as the boys orchestra. I'm happy to not be driving to multiple places on Saturday morning! Kenny, Adam, Fulton & Bethany are preparing to play in church next Sunday. From the looks of things I think they'll get all the opportunities that they can handle. At noon we went to the free carnival put on by Picerne Housing. They manage all the housing on post. Some good friends from the ward, Lewis, Carmalee and their kids Adalene, Ashley and Alex joined us there for fun and food.
Bethany and Adalene are the same age and have a lot of fun together. They like to get together and dress up their Webkinz in doll clothes. They end up looking so cute!
We ended the day with the water launch. I helped Meagan battle my friend Carmalee and her daughter Ashley. Bethany and her friend Adalene soaked each other.
Here are Kenny and Fulton taking on Lewis and Alex. It was so fun shooting those balloons at each other! Next weekend we will be off to the Apple Festival. It seems that there is always a lot happening on post. Well, I'm excited to actually be back on my blog. Check back for more pictures of Kansas coming soon!



























No comments: